ECE446/ECE531 Microelectronics Assignment 2
- For the diode circuit below, assume RL = 100
ohm, VS = 8 V, and the diode is 1N4148. Find the
current ID using LTSpice.
- For the circuit, above, let the voltage source be a 16 V
peak-to-peak sine wave with a frequency of 400 Hz. Plot the rectified
voltage VL as a function of time for several cycles,
- A simple diode test circuit was simulated in class (pdf). Repeat the simulation
using IS=1E-16, TT=25e-9, and VJ=0.75 in the diode model parameters. Find the forward and reverse bias current
and the diode storage time.
Download a starting version of mylib.lib.
- Work through tutorial 1 (see link below). Your report should
include a layout figure, Spice circuit figure, and a report of Spice
analysis for the voltage divider.
1 – Layout and simulation of a resistive voltage divider – electric_tutorial_1_video.wmv
- Explain the terms crosstalk and ground bounce as
applied to microelectronic circuit design. Reference the sources you
- What is a Schottky diode? What is a Zener diode? How do they
compare to a silicon diode? Reference the sources you
Maintained by John
Loomis, last updated 22 January 2015